The Web Index is the world’s first multi-dimensional measure of the Web’s use, utility and impact on people and nations. Covering developed and developing countries, the Index incorporates indicators that assess the political, economic and social impact of the Web, as well as indicators of Web connectivity and infrastructure.
The Index measures and ranks:
- Web Readiness: The Index examines the quality and extent of Communications Infrastructure (facilitating connectivity to the Web) and Institutional Infrastructure (policies regulating Web access and skill and educational levels enabling the full benefit of the Web).
- Web Use: The Index looks both at Web usage within countries (such as the percentage of individuals who use the Internet) and the content available to these Web users .
- The Impact of the Web: The Index uses social, economic and political indicators to evaluate the impact of the Web on these dimensions. This includes measures of social networks, business internet use and e-participation.
8 Notes/ Hide
- masterchoi likes this
- hondamarc reblogged this from mlq3
- filipinoflip likes this
- mlq3 reblogged this from govph
- halohalobebot likes this
- saidinred likes this
- nomoreincognita reblogged this from govph and added:
- nicoparboleda likes this
- govph posted this